|You Save:||$4.01 (40% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 5, 1999
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada) Encoding
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Production Notes
- Cast and Film Bios
- Web Links
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Travis Tedford, Brittany Ashton Holmes & Bug Hall|
|Performer:||Mel Brooks, Lea Thompson, Daryl Hannah, Reba McEntire, Courtland Mead & Whoopi Goldberg|
|Directed by||Penelope Spheeris|
|Edited by||Ross Albert & Peter Teschner|
|Screenplay by||Paul Guay, Stephen Mazur & Penelope Spheeris|
|Composition by||William Ross|
|Director of Photography:||Richard Bowen|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Don't look at the camera, sweetie."
- Penelope Spheeris to kids during closing credits
"He Man Womun Haters Club"
- sign on clubhouse
"You little rascals!"
- man to children after being knocked over with a Go Kart
"Is that a cowlick, or are you just glad to see me'"
- Reba McEntire to Alfalfa (Bug Hall)
...[Hall] drives the action along with considerable aplomb...
Sight and Sound
...A minor delight. By hewing closely to the spirit (and plotlines) of the Hal Roach comedies of the '30s and '40s, Spheeris fashions a remake that's easy to swallow... -- Rating: B
...An emphatically well-shaped, well-crafted picture...
Los Angeles Times
Rating: 3/5 -- Madcap, mischievous Our Gang remake. Full Review
Common Sense Media
Rating: 1/5 -- A travesty; not worthy of the original shorts.
Journal and Courier (Lafayette, IN)
Rating: 0/5 -- Somebody needs to pay for this
Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC)
Rating: D -- Spheeris appears caught between her desire to make a film for little children and amuse their parents, resulting in a mess that will do anything for a cheap laugh. Full Review
Spanky, Alfalfa, Buckwheat, Darla and the gang are back in this all-new feature film. There's a crisis in the He-Man Womun Haters Club when, on the eve of the big go-cart race, Alfalfa falls in love with--yecchh!--a girl.
Spanky and his gang are back in this modern take on the favorite old comedy shorts from the 1920s and 30s. Back, too, is the "He-man Womun Haters Club", but now its very existence is threatened by one of its own members: Alfalfa has gone sweet on Darla, and he's decided that maybe females aren't so bad after all. The other guys will have none of this, but can they stop Alfalfa... or is he lost from the ranks of the he-men forever'
- Additional cast: Sam Saletta, Blake Jeremy Collins, Blake McIver Ewing, Jordan Warkol, Courtland Mead, Juliette Brewer, Heather Karasek.
- Penelope Spheeris directed two rock documentaries, both entitled "The Decline of Western Civilization."
- Brittany Ashton Holmes was the 1994 Baby Guess model.
- Copyright 1994 Universal City Studios, Inc. and Amblin Entertainment Inc."The Little Rascals" and Little Rascals characters Copyright and trademark King World Productions, Inc.
- Rated BBFC U by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Sales Rank: 44,523
- UPC: 025192003424
- Shipping Weight: 0.15/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item