Delbert McClinton The Definitive Collection
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
item number: ZUCL 5208
- Released: July 4, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Hip-O Records
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Hey! Baby
- 2.I Received A Letter
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Honky Tonkin' (I Guess I Done Me Some)
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Victim Of Life's Circumstances
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Two More Bottles Of Wine
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Special Love Song
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Lipstick, Powder And Paint
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Pledging My Love
- $0.99 on iTunes9.I'm Dyin' As Fast As I Can
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Love Rustler
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Under Suspicion
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Ain't What You Eat But How You Chew It
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Take It Easy
- $0.99 on iTunes14.B-Movie Boxcar Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes15.A Mess Of Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Plain Old Makin' Love
- 17.The Jealous Kind
- 18.Giving It Up For Your Love
- 19.Sandy Beaches
- 20.Heartbreak Radio
- 21.Maybe Someday Baby
- $0.99 on iTunes22.You Were Never Mine
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Delbert McClinton (harmonica); Delbert McClinton (vocals); Glen Clark, Bruce Channel.
Audio Remasterer: Doug Schwartz.
Liner Note Author: Bill Bentley.
Recording information: Fort Worth, TX (1961).
Photographers: Aaron Rapoport; Stephanie Chernikowski; Mark Hanauer.
Although piecing together a definitive set by the prolific and long-lived roots musician Delbert McClinton could seem like folly, this superb collection comes mighty close to being "definitive." Kicking off with Bruce Channel's 1962 hit, "Hey Baby" (on which McClinton plays a mean harmonica), the set chronicles the artist's exploration of blues, country, R&B, rock, and every other American roots style over four-plus decades.
But the amazing thing about McClinton, in addition to his exceptional harp playing, soulful vocals, and fine songwriting, is the ability to make his range of styles sound utterly unified and effortless. He can lay back easy, or drive it hard and rocking, but in McClinton's hands genre distinctions are meaningless: this is good-time music written and performed without concessions to trends or markets. Beautifully selected and compiled, THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION provides an ideal introduction to this Texas music legend.