Red, Hot & Blue
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$0.35 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
- Released: July 23, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Neneh CherryI've Got You Under My Skin
- 2.Neville BrothersIn The Still Of The Night
- 3.Sinead O ConnorYou Do Something To Me
- 4.Salif KeitaBegin The Beguine
- 5.Fine Young CannibalsLove For Sale
- 6.Well, Did you Evah!
- 7.Miss Otis Regrets / Just One Of Those Things
- 8.David ByrneDon't Fence Me In
- 9.Tom WaitsIt's All Right With Me
- 10.Annie LennoxEv'ry Time We Say Goodbye
- 11.U2Night And Day
- 12.Les Negresses VertesI Love Paris
- 13.k.d. langSo In Love
- 14.The Thompson TwinsWho Wants To Be A Millionaire?
- 15.ErasureToo Darn Hot
- 16.The Jungle BrothersI Get A Kick Out Of You
- 17.Lisa StansfieldDown In The Depths
- 18.Jimmy SomervilleFrom This Momment On
- 19.Jody WatleyAfter You
- 20.Aztec CameraDo I Love You?
RED HOT + BLUE is a tribute to Cole Porter, featuring cover versions of Porter songs performed by contemporary artists. Proceeds from the album benefit AIDS research and relief.
Produced in 1990 to benefit AIDS research, RED HOT + BLUE features contemporary rock, pop, R&B, and electronica artists interpreting the songs of Cole Porter. A closeted homosexual whose lyrics are often provocative and thinly coded and whose tunes are infectious, melancholy, and joyful at once, Porter seems the perfect choice for this benefit album. Nearly every song here has lodged itself in the American songbook, but it is the breadth and variety in the interpretations that make RED HOT + BLUE such an interesting collection.
Neneh Cherry's loose, hip-hop-inflected take on "I've Got You Under My Skin" serves notice that this will not be your ordinary standards album, while U2's pulsing, slightly ominous version of "Night and Day" proves the true malleability of Porter's tunes. The Neville Brothers tropical-flavored "In the Still of the Night" is sheer bliss, as is K.D. Lang's stirring "So In Love." And while Sinead O'Connor plays it fairly straight with "You Do Something To Me," Tom Waits's "It's All Right With Me" and the Jungle Brothers "I Get a Kick Out of You" add variety and spice to the set, which--in addition to being for a good cause--is a thoroughly engaging listen.
Listen to Your Heart / Half a Woman, Half A Shadow
99¢ on Sale
100 Hits: Lipstick on Your Collar: 100 Teenage Classics Of... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$10.98 on Sale