|You Save:||$12 (80% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
item number: KSDVD 1670D
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 24, 1997
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Charles Russell - Director
- Charles Russell - Director
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Vanessa Williams, James Caan, James Coburn, Robert Pastorelli, Andy Romano, James Cromwell, Danny Nucci, Nick Chinlund, Michael Papajohn, Joe Viterelli, Mark Rolston, John Slattery & Robert Miranda|
|Directed by||Charles Russell|
|Edited by||Michael Tronick|
|Screenwriting by||Walon Green & Tony Puryear|
|Composition by||Alan Silvestri & Walter Werzowa|
|Story by||Walon Green, Michael S. Chernuchin & Tony Puryear|
|Produced by||Anne Kopelson & Arnold Kopelson|
|Director of Photography:||Adam Greenberg|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
- John Kruger (ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER), to an alligator he shoots in the head.
Rating: 3/4 -- Eraser is totally meaningless summertime entertainment, but it means something, I suppose, that it has been done so well. Full Review
Rating: 3/5 -- As entertaining and solid as its leading man. Full Review
Rating: 1.5/4 -- Big-budget action filmmaking at its dullest. Full Review
...[A] funhouse action pic...
It's a movie constructed around three or four self-consciously 'cool' episodes, and passably entertaining as such, but there's also an awful lot of uncool contrivance, coincidence and contempt for the audience. Full Review
Rating: 2/5 -- '90s Schwarzenegger action movie is extremely violent. Full Review
Common Sense Media
Welcome back, big guy. Full Review
Muscle-bound, heavily-accented John Kruger is employed by the Witness Protection Program as an "eraser." In other words, he wipes out a witness's identity in order to save him or her from potential harm. One such person is beautiful Lee Cullen, who possesses vital information regarding super high-tech weapons -- and a government conspiracy connected to them. Krueger's job protecting Cullen will lead to some action-packed, death-defying adventures for the pair, as gunmen and goons and even alligators seem to be waiting for them around every corner. Furthermore, a traitor within the Witness Protection Program is hell-bent on violently erasing Krueger himself.
A lone-wolf marshal for the elite Federal Witness Protection Program, an "eraser," struggles to protect a beautiful, whistle-blowing former employee of a large, corrupt defense contractor. Along the way, the agent's own loyalty to his country is called into question in this action-filled thriller. Academy Awards Nomination: Best Sound Effects Editing.
- Released theatrically in the USA June 21, 1996.
- Color by Technicolor; in Panavision widescreen and DTS Sound/SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound).
- Additional cast: John Slattery (Corman); Michael Papajohn (Schiff); John Snyder (Sal) and K. Todd Freeman (Dutton).
- Additional credits: Michael S. Chernuchin (story) and Mike Benson (second unit camera).
- Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife Maria Shriver suggested Vanessa Williams for the role of Lee Cullen.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.