Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: September 4, 2001
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Mgm (Video & Dvd)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - Spanish
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital Stereo - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Tom Selleck & Laura San Giacomo|
|Performer:||Alan Rickman, Chris Haywood, Ron Haddrick, Tony Bonner, Ben Mendelsohn & William Zappa|
|Directed by||Simon Wincer|
|Screenwriting by||John Hill|
|Composition by||Basil Poledouris|
|Produced by||Stanley O'Toole & Alexandra Rose|
|Director of Photography:||David Eggby|
Rating: 3/5 -- A strikingly-beautiful western with an A-grade cast
Rating: 3/5 -- Hits the mark with its mix of Western theatrics and cross-cultural insights. Full Review
Spirituality and Practice
Rating: 2.5/4 -- Quigley Down Under is a handsome film, well-acted, and it's a shame the filmmakers didn't spend a little more energy on making it smarter and more original. Full Review
Rating: 1/5 -- 1.5
Movie City News
Rating: 4/5 -- Underrated Selleck western.
Your Movies (cleveland.com)
Rating: 4/5 -- Great fun western
Rating: 3/5 -- An almost classic if it were not for the silly feminine element which hurts clever story.
Quigley (Tom Selleck) is an American sharpshooter imported from the heat and dust of the Old West to the heat and dust of the Australian outback to fight off rustlers. Upon arrival, he learns he's been hired to kill Aborigines by a heartless rancher, which disgusts Quigley, so he runs off into the bush with a woman he's rescued. The local aboriginals discover him, and help him and the woman survive in the outback long enough for Quigley to return and seek vengeance.
Quigley, a stoic American sharpshooter from the old West, travels to the untamed wilderness of the Australian outback after answering an advertisement calling for a man who's handy with a rifle. Once in Australia, the Yank discovers that he's been hired by a despicable landowner named Marston who (with the government's support) wants him to eradicate the area's aboriginal population. Furious, Quigley throws the wealthy despot out a nearby window -- and thus begins a heated vendetta by the spurned Marston to exact deadly revenge against the principled outsider.
Adventure | Battered Women | Self-Discovery | On-The-Road | Cowboys | Theatrical Release | Australia
- The screenplay for "Quigley Down Under" was written in the 1970s as a potential vehicle for actor Steve McQueen. Directors previously linked to the project include Rick Rosenthal and Lewis Gilbert.
- Estimated budget $20 million; shot on location in Australia, in Panavision.
- Simon Wincer previously directed the popular television mini-series "Lonesome Dove" (1989).
Tom Selleck Western Collection (Crossfire Trail / Last... (DVD)
$15.40 Super Savings
Cisco Kid Double Feature, Volume 2 (Satan's Cradle / The...
$3.98 on Sale