|WINTER SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
- Released: March 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Skin Deep
- 2.The Mooche
- 3.Take The 'A' Train
- 4.A Tone Parallel To Harlem
- 5.Perdido (Harlem Suite)
- 6.The Controversial Suite: Before My Time
- 7.The Controversial Suite: Later
- 8.The Liberian Suite: I Like The Sunrise
- 9.The Liberian Suite: Dance No. 1
- 10.The Liberian Suite: Dance No. 2
- 11.The Liberian Suite: Dance No. 3
- 12.The Liberian Suite: Dance No. 4
- 13.The Liberian Suite: Dance No. 5
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
I live in Sweden, where I was born in 1942. About 1952/53 i USED to listen to Voice of America, Willis Conover´s "Jazz Hour" and some nice swedish jazz programs on the radio. In "Jazz Hour" I was fascinated by the starting song; Take the A train - exact the recording appearing on this CD. Part of the Liberian Suite was the start in the swedish jazz program. I came to admire both of the recordings and I still like them.
The Mooche and other songs appearing on this CD are also some of my Ellington favourites. Not the least just in these recordings!
I still play my old vinyl EP:s and LP:s to catch the feeling, but it is nice to get it more convenient on this excellent CD. This must have been one of Ellington´s best periods, after this period I feel that his carisma started to decline.
A orchestra carreer starting about 1923, ending at DE:s death 1974. In my eyes some of the recordings on this CD, are basic in the Ellington production!
Bengt Jacobowsky, Uppsala/Sweden.
- Sales Rank: 5,527
- UPC: 886972468921
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item