The Allman Brothers Band Stand Back: The Anthology (2-CD)
|You Save:||$0.38 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: June 8, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Hip-O Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Don't Want You No More
- $1.29 on iTunes2.It's Not My Cross To Bear
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Trouble No More
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Dreams
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Whipping Post
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Revival
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Midnight Rider
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Hoochie Coochie Man
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Statesboro Blues
- 10.In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed
- $1.29 on iTunes11.One Way Out
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Ain't Wastin' Time No More
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Melissa
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Stand Back
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Blue Sky
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Little Martha
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Wasted Words
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Ramblin' Man
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Come And Go Blues
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Southbound
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Jessica
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Can't Lose What You Never Had
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Win, Lose Or Draw
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Crazy Love
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Just Ain't Easy
- 10.Hell & High Water
- 11.Never Knew How Much (I Needed You)
- 12.Good Clean Fun
- 13.Seven Turns
- 14.End Of The Line
- 15.No One To Run With
- $0.99 on iTunes16.High Cost Of Low Living
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Dickey Betts (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, slide guitar); Gregg Allman (vocals, electric guitar, piano, organ); Dan Toler (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Duane Allman, Warren Haynes (guitar, acoustic guitar, slide guitar); Les Dudek (guitar, acoustic guitar); Derek Trucks (guitar, slide guitar, acoustic slide guitar); Jim Essery (harmonica); Jimmy Hall (saxophone); Mike Lawler (piano, electric piano, synthesizer); Chuck Leavell, Johnny Cobb (piano, background vocals); Allen Woody (bass instrument, background vocals); David Goldflies, Lamar Williams, Oteil Burbridge, Berry Oakley (bass instrument); Jai Johanny Johanson (drums, timpani, percussion); Butch Trucks (drums, percussion); David "Frankie" Toler (drums); Marc Qui¤ones (congas, percussion); Thomas Caine, Bonnie Bramlett (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Michael Barbiero; Warren Haynes.
Liner Note Author: Scott Schinder.
Recording information: Ardent Recording, Memphis, TN (09/1969-04/2002); Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, NY (09/1969-04/2002); BR Ranch Studios, Jupiter, FL (09/1969-04/2002); Capricorn Sound Studios, Macon, GA (09/1969-04/2002); Criteria Studios, Miami, FL (09/1969-04/2002); Fillmore East, New York, NY (09/1969-04/2002); Pyramid Eye Recording Studio, Lookout Mountain, GA (09/1969-04/2002); The Record Plant, Los Angeles, CA (09/1969-04/2002); Water Music, Hoboken, NJ (09/1969-04/2002); Young'Un Sound, Nashville, TN (09/1969-04/2002).
Photographers: Jeffrey Mayer; Twiggs Lyndon; Stephen Paley; Kirk West; Bob Gruen; Joe Sia; Bob Johnson.
A beautifully packaged and sequenced two-disc set, STAND BACK is the definitive overview of one of the most successful and influential blues-rock acts ever. The Allman Brothers Band were superior musicians who incorporated elements of country, jazz, and R&B into their playing, and displayed a remarkable penchant for group improvisation. The synthesis of these factors, delivered with a distinctive country-fried edge, is laid out on this excellent 32-song career retrospective.
Arranged chronologically, STAND BACK traces the evolution of the Allmans, from edge-pushing rockers (the first cut from the band's 1969 debut, "Don't Want You No More," with its shifting time signatures and jazz inflections, is almost progressive rock), to their country-rock of the '90s and 2000s. In between are fiery interpretations of blues classics by Blind Willie McTell and Muddy Waters, and songs by vocalist/keyboardist Gregg Allman and guitarist Dickey Betts, many of which ("Whipping Post," "Midnight Rider") are now blues-rock classics in their own right. With its driving, twin-drummer rhythm section, and complex organ/dual-guitar interplay, the band never misses a step on this superb collection.
Stevie Ray VaughanThe Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble (2-CD)
Skynyrd's First - The Complete Muscle Shoals Album
$8.49 on Sale
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best...
$8.49 on Sale