Tony! Toni! Toné! Hits
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
item number: ZUCL 5323
- Released: October 28, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Motown
Entertainment Weekly - 12/12/97, p.91"...Their blend of contemporary grooves and retro-vintage soul paved the way for soul stirrers like D'Angelo and Maxwell....TTT pays homage to everyone from Sly Stone to Al Green, yet they imbue their sunshiny funk with a distinctive whimsy..." - Rating: A-
- $1.29 on iTunes1.If I Had No Loot
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Boys And Girls Remix
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Annie May
- $1.29 on iTunes4.The Blues
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Don't Fall In Love
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Little Walter
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Thinking Of You
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Anniversary
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Feels Good
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Let's Get Down
- $1.29 on iTunes11.(Lay Your Head On My) Pillow
- $1.29 on iTunes12.It Never Rains (In Southern California)
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Baby Doll
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Whatever You Want
- $1.29 on iTunes15.My Ex-Girlfriend
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Tony Toni Tone: Raphael Saadiq, D'Wayne Wiggins, Timothy Christian Riley (vocals).
Additional personnel: AMG (rap vocals); Quik, G-One (various instruments); Rob "Fonska" Bacon (guitar).
Producers include: Tony Toni Tone, Babyface, Denzil Foster, Thomas McElroy, Quik.
Engineers include: Gerry Brown, Quik, Danny Alonso.
Personnel: Robert Bacon (guitar); Quik (keyboards).
Audio Mixers: Gerry Brown ; Ken Kessie; Bill Malina.
Illustrator: Monica Stewart.
Photographers: Bonnie Lewis; Enrique Badulescu; William Claxton.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Dwayne Wiggins; Timothy Christian Riley; Raphael Saadiq.
From the party anthems, to braggadocio-filled street cuts, to the expertly crafted ballads, these 15 well-chosen cuts offer a nice career retrospective of Oakland's Tony Toni Tone through the trio's exceptional 1996 release, HOUSE OF MUSIC. Included are the classic party cuts "If I Had No Loot," "The Blues," and "Feels Good." Songs like "Let's Get Down" and "My Ex-Girlfiend" demonstrate the group's seamless appropriation of hip-hop. Also included is the trio's most identifiable track, "It Never Rains (In Southern California)." No Tony Toni Tone hits package would be complete without the million-dollar ballads, songs like "Anniversary" and "What Ever You Want," which served as the sonic backdrops for countless bedroom rendezvous throughout the late '80s and early '90s.
Mint ConditionThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection