John Fogerty The Long Road Home: The Ultimate John Fogerty Creedence Collection
Uncut: 4 stars out of 5 -- "A memento of Fogerty's return to Fantasy Records....[It] gathers 14 CCR classics, five solo tracks and six recent live performances..."
|You Save:||$7 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Released: November 1, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Fantasy
Uncut - p.1204 stars out of 5 -- "A memento of Fogerty's return to Fantasy Records....[It] gathers 14 CCR classics, five solo tracks and six recent live performances..."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Born On The Bayou
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Bad Moon Rising
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Centerfield
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Who'll Stop The Rain
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Rambunctious Boy
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Fortunate Son
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Lookin' Out My Back Door
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Up Around The Bend
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Almost Saturday Night (Live)
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Down On The Corner
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Bootleg (Live)
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Have You Ever Seen The Rain?
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Sweet Hitch-Hiker
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Hey Tonight (Live)
- $1.29 on iTunes15.The Old Man Down The Road
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Rockin' All Over The World (Live)
- $1.29 on iTunes17.Lodi
- $1.29 on iTunes18.Keep On Chooglin' (Live)
- $1.29 on iTunes19.Green River
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Deja Vu (All Over Again)
- $1.29 on iTunes21.Run Through The Jungle
- $0.99 on iTunes22.Hot Rod Heart
- $1.29 on iTunes23.Travelin' Band
- $1.29 on iTunes24.Proud Mary
- $1.29 on iTunes25.Fortunate Son (Live)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: John Fogerty (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, dobro, mandolin, electric sitar, harmonica, saxophone, piano, organ, congas, cowbells, maracas, tambourine, tumba, background vocals); John Fogerty (bass guitar, drums, percussion); Tom Fogerty (guitar, background vocals); Johnny Lee Schell, Johnnie Lee Schnell (guitar); Stu Cook (piano, acoustic bass, bass guitar, background vocals); Benmont Tench (organ); George Hawkins (bass guitar, background vocals); Howie Epstein, Paul Bushnell , Bob Glaub (bass guitar); Alex Acu¤a (percussion); Don Rigsby, Kenny Smith , Ronnie Bowman (background vocals); Bob Britt (guitar, slide guitar, background vocals); Matt Nolen (guitar, keyboards); Billy Burnette (guitar, background vocals); Mike Canipe (guitar); Doug Clifford (drums, background vocals); John Molo, Kenny Aronoff (drums); Luis Conte (tambourine); Julia Waters, Maxine Willard Waters, Oren Waters (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: John Fogerty; Dan Certa.
Liner Note Author: Jim Bessman.
Recording information: Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ.
Photographers: Bob Fogerty; Brian Lima; Norman Seeff.
Arrangers: John Fogerty; Stu Cook; Doug Clifford .
In 2005, John Fogerty re-signed with Fantasy Records, the label of his legendary former band, Creedence Clearwater Revival. Given Fogerty's tumultuous history with the company, this reunion proved to be especially significant, and allowed for the first retrospective of the revered performer's entire career. With its non-linear order, THE LONG ROAD HOME chronicles the winding path of Fogerty's artistic output over its 25 tracks, ranging from Creedence's late-1960s/early-'70s material (the swampy "Born on a Bayou," the wistful "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?") to Fogerty's successful mid-'80s work (the baseball anthem "Centerfield") to his late-'90s comeback (the revved-up "Hot Rod Heart"). Since THE LONG ROAD HOME focuses on Fogerty's own songs, a few beloved Creedence cover tunes (including "Suzie Q" and "I Put a Spell on You") are absent, but fans will be rewarded by energetic live versions of "Fortunate Son" and "Hey Tonight" that were recorded in 2005.