The Outsiders C.Q.
|You Save:||$0.89 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Released: March 28, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Rpm Records Uk
Record Collector (magazine) - p.1005 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t's a thrillingly steroidal 13th Floor Elevators type of noise, proto-punk in its nihilistic raunch and positively avant-garde when it comes to the histrionic psychosis of 'Prisonsong'..."
- 4.Daddy Died On Saturday
- 5.It Seems Like Nothing's Gonna Come My Way Today
- 7.The Man On The Dune
- 8.The Bear
- 10.You're Everything On Earth
- 11.Wish You Were Here With Me Today
- 12.I Love You No. 2
- 14.Do You Feel Alright [Live At Fantasio, Amsterdam, 31 December 1968] - (live)
- 15.Daddy Died On Saturday [Live At Fantasio, Amsterdam, 31 December 1968] - (live)
- 16.I Love You No. 2 [Live At Fantasio, Amsterdam, 31 December 1968] - (live)
- 17.Misfit [Live At Fantasio, Amsterdam, 31 December 1968] - (live)
- 18.Happyville [Live At Fantasio, Amsterdam, 31 December 1968] - (live)
- 19.Prisonsong [Live At Fantasio, Amsterdam, 31 December 1968] - (live)
Personnel: Ronald Splinter (vocals, guitar, 12-string guitar); Wally Tax (vocals, guitar, balalaika, flute, harmonica, organ, vibraphone, cymbals, tambourine); Frank Beek (vocals, guitar, piano, organ, vibraphone, cymbals).
Audio Remasterer: Simon Murphy .
Liner Note Authors: Kieron Tyler; Mike Stax .
Recording information: Fantasio, Amsterdam (12/31/1968).
Photographers: Andy Chopping; Wim Davids.
Their final LP (now available on CD) is one of the finer unsung psychedelic records of the late '60s. Heavy echoes of Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd, Hendrix, and psychedelic-era Pretty Things, with adroit shifts from crunching rock and soft, almost folky passages to spacy phase shift bits and just plain dementia. The album has an ominous and creepy, but rocking, ambience that still cuts deep. The 2001 CD reissue on Pseudonym adds five bonus tracks from late-'60s singles, though a couple of these are just alternate mono or stereo versions. ~ Richie Unterberger