Robin Williamson Journey's Edge [Bonus Tracks]
- Released: July 7, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Fledg'ling Uk
Dirty Linen - p.44"JOURNEY'S EDGE found Williamson rising to a much higher level of musicianship and taking a more serious approach to his Celtic heritage..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Border Tango
- $0.99 on iTunes2.The Tune I Hear So Well
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Red Eye Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Tomorrow
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Mythic Times
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Lullaby for a Rainy Night
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Rap City Rhapsody
- $0.99 on iTunes8.The Maharajah of Mogador
- $0.99 on iTunes9.The Bells
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Voices on the Water
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Out on the Water
- $0.99 on iTunes12.When Winter Comes - (previously unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Old Entertainer - (previously unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Kid I Never Knew, The - (previously unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Dark Lady of the Water - (previously unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes16.To Give My Heart to You - (previously unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Be My Friend - (previously unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Precious Blues and Greys - (previously unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Bleeding Again - (previously unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes20.To Give My Heart to You - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- $0.99 on iTunes21.After the Ball - (previously unreleased)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
& His Merry Band.
Personnel includes: Sylvia Woods (harp).
Robin Williamson: Robin Williamson (vocals, bass voice, whistling, acoustic guitar, mandocello, mandolin, fiddle, flute, bass drum, finger cymbals, percussion); Chris Caswell (vocals, whistling, harp, flute, whistle, accordion, concertina, snare drum, tom tom, gong); Sylvia Woods (vocals, harp, celtic harp, harpsichord, glockenspiel); Larry Drummond (vocals, mandola, mandolin, acoustic bass, acoustic bass guitar, bells); Jerry McMillan (vocals, fiddle); Likki Lambert (vocals); Brian Lambert (acoustic guitar); John Fare (cello); Mark Bensi (strings, drums, cymbals, percussion); Gerald Walker (oboe); Jamie Faunt (bass instrument, fretless bass).
Personnel: John Haxby (programming).
Audio Mixer: Dirk Dalton.
Liner Note Authors: Ken Hunt; Robin Williamson.
Recording information: Dirk Dalton Recording, Santa Monica, CA (03/29/1975-01/??/1977).
Photographer: John Haxby.
Arranger: Robin Williamson.
After The Incredible String Band dissolved, Robin Williamson formed his Merry Band. He toured regularly with this troupe during the mid- to late-'70s. The band recorded several excellent albums, including this 1977 release and AMERICAN STONEHENGE. One of the band's identifying characteristics was the Celtic harp played by Sylvia Woods--Williamson himself would take up this instrument, recording whole sets devoted to its repertoire more than a decade later.
The ties with his former band are unmistakable (being as he was one of its two prime members), as one listen to "Mythic Times" will bear out. Throughout, the songs are full of history, magic, and even some healthy dollops of humor (primarily in the form of the band's cover of the 1948 song "The Maharajah of Mogador"). The album also contains one of Williamson's unheralded gems, "The Bells."