Rod Stewart Gold (2-CD)
|WINTER SALE:||$16.04 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.95 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Island / Mercury
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Street Fighting Man
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Man Of Constant Sorrow
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down, An
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Handbags And Gladrags
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Gasoline Alley
- $0.99 on iTunes6.It's All Over Now
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Only A Hobo
- $0.99 on iTunes8.My Way Of Giving
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Country Comforts
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Cut Across Shorty
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Jo's Lament
- $0.99 on iTunes12.You're My Girl (I Don't Want To Discuss It)
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Maggie May
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Mandolin Wind
- $1.29 on iTunes15.I'm Losing You, (I Know)
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Reason To Believe, (Find A)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Every Picture Tells A Story
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Seems Like A Long Time
- $1.29 on iTunes3.That's All Right: Amazing Grace / Medley
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Tomorrow Is A Long Time
- $0.99 on iTunes5.True Blue
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Lost Paraguayos
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Angel
- $1.29 on iTunes8.You Wear It Well
- $0.99 on iTunes9.I'd Rather Go Blind
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Twistin' The Night Away
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Pinball Wizard
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Oh No, Not My Baby
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Sweet Little Rock 'N' Roller
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Mine For Me
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Let Me Be Your Car
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Bring It Home To Me: You Send Me / Medley
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Farewell
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Missed You
- $0.99 on iTunes19.You Put Something Better Inside Me
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Rod Stewart (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar); Rod Stewart; Elton John (vocals, piano); Ronnie Lane (vocals, bass guitar); Doreen Chanter, Harry, Ruby Turner, Irene Chanter (vocals); William Gaff (whistling); Ron Wood (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bottleneck guitar, bass guitar); Martin Quittenton (guitar, acoustic guitar); Martin Pugh, Martin Pugh (guitar); Sam Mitchell (slide guitar); Ray Jackson, Stanley Matthews , Roy Jackson (mandolin); Rick Grech (violin); Dennis O'Flynn (bass violin); The Memphis Horns (brass); Pete Sears (piano, organ, bass guitar); Spike Heatley (double bass, upright bass); Andy Newmark (drums); Neemoi "Speedy" Aquaye, Neemoi Acquaye (congas); Tropic Isles Steel Band (steel drum); Long John Baldry, Madeline Bell, Maggie Bell (background vocals); Gordon Huntley (steel guitar); Dick Powell (violin); Ian McLagan (piano, organ); Michael d'Abo (piano); Keith Emerson (organ); Kenney Jones, Mickey Waller (drums); Ray Cooper (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Scott Schinder.
Recording information: Landsdowne, London, England; Morgan Studios, North London, England; Olympic Studios, London, England.
Photographers: Dave Ellis ; David Gahr; Michael Putland; Ian Dickson; Jak Kilby.
Unknown Contributor Role: London Symphony Orchestra.
Arrangers: Rod Stewart; Michael d'Abo; James Sullivan; Jimmy Horowitz; Wil Malone ; Sam Mitchell.
Rod Stewart built much of his career on bold, distinctive cover tunes, a point driven home by 2005's two-disc GOLD collection, which showcases Stewart's interpretive skills during his initial solo years of 1969-1974. More than half of the tracks here are penned by some of the finest pop/rock songwriters of the time, including Bob Dylan (the spare, somber "Only a Hobo" and the lilting "Tomorrow Is a Long Time"), Paul McCartney (the steel-drum-enhanced "Mine for Me"), Elton John & Bernie Taupin (the nostalgic "Country Comforts" and the rollicking "Let Me Be Your Car," the latter featuring John himself), and Tim Hardin (the timelessly soulful "[Find a] Reason to Believe").
During this time, Stewart became an excellent songwriter in his own right, penning (or co-penning) a number of tunes here, including the transcendent "Maggie May" and the surging "Every Picture Tells a Story." More extensive than 1976's THE BEST OF ROD STEWART and slightly outshining '92's THE MERCURY ANTHOLOGY, GOLD is ideal for anyone seeking a thorough sampler of Stewart's early solo work.
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Oldies Collection, The Anniversary... (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$4.98 ENDS TONIGHT
OLDIES 103FM - The 70's - Tenth Anniversary Ed. (CD)
$4.48 ENDS TONIGHT
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Oldies Collection, The Anniversary... (Cassette)
$1.98 ENDS TONIGHT
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)
$22.45 ENDS TONIGHT
Top Hits of the Seventies (2-CD) [Longbox Packaging]
$11.68 ENDS TONIGHT
Fly Me to the Moon: The Great American Songbook, Volume 5 (CD)