The Allman Brothers Band Gold (2-CD)
|MASSIVE CD SALE:||$13.60 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.38 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 11, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Island / Mercury
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Don't Want You No More
- $1.29 on iTunes2.It's Not My Cross To Bear
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Black Hearted Woman
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Trouble No More
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Dreams
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Whipping Post
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Revival
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Midnight Rider
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Don't Keep Me Wonderin'
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Hoochie Coochie Man
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Statesboro Blues
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Stormy Monday
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Hot 'Lanta
- 14.In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.One Way Out
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Ain't Wastin Time No More
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Melissa
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Stand Back
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Blue Sky
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Little Martha
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Wasted Words
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Ramblin' Man
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Southbound
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Jessica
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Come And Go Blues
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Can't Lose What You Never Had
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Win, Lose Or Draw
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Crazy Love
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Can't Take It With You
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Pegasus
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Allman Brothers Band: Dan Toler (guitar); David Goldflies (bass guitar); Jai Johanny Johanson (drums); Dickey Betts, Duane Allman, Gregg Allman, Lamar Williams, Berry Oakley, Butch Trucks.
Personnel: Chuck Leavell (piano, electric piano, Clavinet, Moog synthesizer, background vocals); Dickey Betts (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, slide guitar, background vocals); Gregg Allman (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, piano, Fender Rhodes piano, Clavinet, organ, background vocals); Berry Oakley (vocals, bass guitar); Duane Allman (guitar, acoustic guitar, slide guitar); Les Dudek (guitar, acoustic guitar); Dan Toler (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Johnny Sandlin (acoustic guitar, percussion); Thom Doucette (harmonica, percussion); Jim Essery (harmonica); Lamar Williams (bass guitar); Butch Trucks (drums, congas, maracas, timbales, timpani, percussion, background vocals); Joe Lala (percussion); Bonnie Bramlett (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Dave Thompson .
Recording information: Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, NY (09/1969-01/1979); Capricorn Sound Studios, Macon, GA (09/1969-01/1979); Criteria Studios, Miami, FL (09/1969-01/1979); Fillmore East, New York, NY (09/1969-01/1979); The Record Plant, Los Angeles, CA (09/1969-01/1979); Watkins Glen, NY (09/1969-01/1979).
Photographer: Stephen Paley.
At first glance, the two-disc GOLD collection may seem surprisingly similar to 2004's STAND BACK, with both chronologically arranged sets featuring many of the same Allman Brothers classics. Where GOLD differs from its predecessor, however, is in its focus; while STAND BACK draws from the years 1969 to 2002, GOLD hones in on the blues-rock group's '69-'79 heyday. Over that 10-year period, the band's surprisingly eclectic aesthetic would flow between the complex, jazz-tinged grooves of "Don't Want You No More" and the southern-soul vibe of "Midnight Rider." Although every record from this era garners at least one track, the first four Allman Brothers Band albums, including AT THE FILLMORE EAST, deservedly, get the majority of the running time. Fans looking for a focused, yet extensive compilation of the band at their peak can't go wrong with GOLD.
The Allman Brothers BandThe Essential Allman Brothers Band: The Epic Years
$6.97 CD Sale
The Allman Brothers BandThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$8.49 CD Sale