Bond - Thunderball
Look up! Look down! Look out!
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 15, 2015
- Originally Released: 1965
- Label: Mgm (Video & Dvd)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Claudine Auger, Adolfo Celi, Luciana Paluzzi, Bernard Lee, Guy Doleman & Desmond Llewelyn|
|Directed by||Terence Young|
|Edited by||Ernest Hosler|
|Screenplay by||Richard Maibaum & John Hopkins|
|Composition by||John Barry|
|Created by||Ian Fleming|
|Story by||Kevin McClory & Jack Whittingham|
|Produced by||Kevin McClory|
|Director of Photography:||Ted Moore|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Do you mind if my friend sits this out - she's just dead."
- James Bond (Sean Connery) to a couple at a table when his dance partner is killed with a bullet meant for him.
Academy Awards 1965 - Best Special Visual Effects
...Connery's Bond was never better than this...
Rating: 3/5 -- Not a classic like Goldfinger, but it's still fun. It'll be a long time until I watch it again, mind you. It doesn't have the rewatchable charm as some of the other Bond films Full Review
Rating: 3/5 -- Director Terence Young never quite solves the pacing problems posed by filming underwater, but John Stears's Oscar-winning special effects more than compensate. Full Review
There's visible evidence that the reported $5.5 million budget was no mere publicity figure; it's posh all the way. Full Review
The color is handsome. The scenery in the Bahamas is an irresistible lure. Even the violence is funny. That's the best I can say for a Bond film. Full Review
New York Times
The fourth Bond, marking the point at which spectacular hardware began to dominate the series. Sleek and quite fun all the same. Full Review
Rating: 4/5 -- In this, the fourth instalment in the series from the original team, you have a classic Bond film that wants for nothing but a trim. Full Review
Based on Ian Fleming's 1961 novel, THUNDERBALL is 007 at his best. The fourth film in the Bond series finds the super spy (Sean Connery) battling a powerful organization named S.P.E.C.T.R.E. and its nefarious Number Two, Emilio Largo (Adolfo Celi), who has threatened to destroy Miami with an atomic weapon unless a huge ransom is paid. Of course, James Bond has something else in mind: a full-on infiltration of Largo's boat, the Disco Volante. With double the Bond girls (with Claudine Auger as the luscious Domino and Luciana Paluzzi as the villainous Fiona Volpe), this favored Bond outing features captivating underwater action sequences that hold up to this day. THUNDERBALL was nominated for a Best Special Effects Academy Award in 1965 and is not be confused with the "unofficial" 1983 James Bond film NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN, which also stars Connery and is based on the same novel.
In the fourth James Bond film, agents from the deadly SPECTRE organization have stolen two atomic bombs during a NATO training mission and demand a ransom from Great Britain of $280 million or they will drop them on two unnamed cities, killing millions of innocent people.
Action | Adventure | Classic | Live-Action | Spies | Terrorism | Thriller | Heroes | Recommended | Undersea | Blockbuster | Theatrical Release | Sequel | Secret Agents | James Bond | 007 | Based On A Novel
- Color by Technicolor; shot in Panavision.
- Film was remade and updated in 1983 as "Never Say Never Again."
- Budget was an estimated $5.5 million.
- Additional cast: Rik Van Nutter (Felix Leiter) and Molly Peters (Patricia).
- The Deluxe Collector's Edition spreads the 130 minute movie onto 5 sides in CAV. It includes two alternate audio tracks with commentary by members of the cast and crew. The score was remixed for stereo, and a bit of the image was shaved from the sides, leaving the aspect ratio slightly narrower than the original. Sides six and seven, in CLV, include:
"The Incredible World of James Bond"
(dir. Jack Haley, Jr., 1965, 50 min.)
two additional documentaries
Side eight, in CAV, includes:
trailers and commercials
still photos and posters
- Sales Rank: 1,279
- UPC: 883904333319
- Shipping Weight: 0.13/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2-DVD) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$6 Super Savings