Tim McGraw Greatest Hits
Entertainment Weekly: "...Traces his maturity as a perfromer....forgive the sappy duets with wife Faith Hill; feel-good fun prevails..." - Rating: B
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Released: November 21, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Curb Records
Entertainment Weekly - 12/1/00, p.102"...Traces his maturity as a perfromer....forgive the sappy duets with wife Faith Hill; feel-good fun prevails..." - Rating: B
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Indian Outlaw
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Don't Take The Girl
- $1.29 on iTunes3.She Never Lets It Go To Her Heart
- $1.29 on iTunes4.I Like It, I Love It
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Just To See You Smile
- $1.29 on iTunes6.It's Your Love
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Where The Green Grass Grows
- $1.29 on iTunes8.For A Little While
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Please Remember Me
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Something Like That
- $1.29 on iTunes11.My Best Friend
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Maybe We Should Just Sleep On It
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Down On The Farm
- $1.29 on iTunes14.My Next Thirty Years
- 15.Let's Make Love
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Patty Loveless, Chris Rodriguez (vocals).
Producers: James Stroud, Tim McGraw, Byron Gallimore, Faith Hill.
Personnel: Tim McGraw (vocals, guitar).
Photographer: Russ Harrington.
Normally, greatest hits packages include a few new tracks as bait for longtime fans who already own every CD by the artist. Tim McGraw's GREATEST HITS collection isn't one of those, but it is the perfect place to start for the casual fan who's heard and enjoyed McGraw's songs on the radio. GREATEST HITS does an admirable job of collecting McGraw's biggest successes since his 1994 breakthrough with the very politically incorrect single "Indian Outlaw."
The artist's hits usually fall into two categories--rockin' country rave-ups, and tender ballads. The best are collected here: the reach-for-the-Kleenex weeper "Don't Take the Girl," the goofy Mexicana of "Refried Dreams," the rowdy live favorites "Down on the Farm" and "I Like It, I Love It," and the sensuous, slow-burning "It's Your Love," one of two duets with McGraw's wife, Faith Hill. McGraw's later singles show a marked artistic growth, as evidenced by the sweeping, majestic "Please Remember Me," and the introspective "My Next Thirty Years." Two of McGraw's finest singles--"Everywhere" and "One of These Days"--are inexplicably missing, but GREATEST HITS is still a fine purchase for the fan who wants to beef up his or her country music collection.