The Virginian - A History Of Television's The Virginian, 1962-1971
McFarland & Company (series)
by Paul Green
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$5 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- A Reference Guide To Television's Bonanza - Episodes, Personnel And Broadcast History ~ $30.95
- The Virginian - Season 1 (10-DVD) ~ $23.50
- Wagon Train: The Television Series (New Revised Edition) [Author-Signed Edition] ~ $21.95
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- 290 Pages
- Medium Format
- Illustrated In B&W Photos
- Foreword By Frank Price
- Released: December 9, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Publisher: McFarland & Company, Inc.
Description by OLDIES.com:
On September 19, 1962, "The Virginian" made its primetime broadcast premiere. The 1902 novel by Owen Wister had already seen four movie adaptations when Frank Price mentioned the story's series potential to NBC. Filmed in color, "The Virginian" became television's first 90-minute western series. Immensely successful, it ran for nine seasons--television's third longest running western. This work accounts for the entire creative history of The Virginian, including the original inspirations and the motion picture adaptations--but the primary focus is its transformation into television and the ways in which the show changed over time. An extensive episode guide includes title, air date, guest star(s), writers, producers, director and a brief synopsis of each of The Virginian's 249 episodes, along with detailed cast and production credits.
666 Photography: Of Virgin Queens and High Camp Divas (Book)
$26.21 on SALE
Irwin Allen Television Productions, 1964-1970 (Book)
$34.95 on SALE
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 28 ratings.
Based on 28 ratings.
Be the first Customer to write an online review of this product!
Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book)
$6.98 on SALE
Covering Blues: Thirty Classic Album Covers- A Book of...
$2.98 on SALE