The Great Monster Magazines: - 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s
McFarland & Company (series)
Hardcover Book Details
- 230 Pages
- Released: July 10, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Publisher: McFarland & Company, Inc.
|Author:||Robert Michael "Bobb" Cotter|
Description by OLDIES.com:
The book describes the rise and fall of these magazines, examining the contributions of Marvel Comics and several other well-known companies, as well as evaluating the effect of the Comics Code Authority on both present and future efforts in the field. It identifies several sub-genres, including monster movies, zombies, vampires, sword-and-sorcery, and pulp-style fiction. The work includes several indexes and technical credits.
Graphic designer and writer Robert Michael "Bobb" Cotter lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He is the author of The Mexican Masked Wrestler and Monster Filmography.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Top ranking Hardcover Book:
- Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire: A Tribute to Johnny Cash (with Bonus CD Single) (Book) ~ $1 on SALE
- The Beatles - Across the Universe: Film Soundtrack Lyrics (Book) ~ $1 on SALE
- Soupy Sales - Soupy Sez!: My Zany Life and Times (Book) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- We'll Always Have Casablanca: The Life, Legend, and Afterlife of Hollywood's Most Beloved Movie (Book) ~ $19.91
- Hot Country Stars (Book) ~ $1 on SALE