Cooperstown Symposium On Baseball And American Culture, 1999
McFarland & Company (series)
- 391 Pages
- Released: October 14, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Publisher: McFarland & Company, Inc.
|Edited by||Peter M. Rutkoff|
Description by OLDIES.com:
This is an anthology of 23 papers that were presented at the Eleventh Cooperstown Symposium on Baseball and American Culture, held June 9-11, 1999, and co-sponsored by the State University of New York at Oneonta and the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. The papers focus on the antecedents of baseball and the early history of America's national pastime and are divided into five parts: "Baseball and the American Imagination," "Baseball and American Culture," "Baseball and American Society," "Baseball and American Business" and "Baseball and the Fan." The preface is by series editor Alvin L. Hall, and an introduction is provided by the editor of the volume, Peter M. Rutkoff.
666 Photography: Of Virgin Queens and High Camp Divas (Book)
$26.21 on SALE
Irwin Allen Television Productions, 1964-1970 (Book)
$34.95 on SALE
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Customer to write an online review of this product!
Baseball - Shoeless: The Life and Times of Joe Jackson (Book)
$26.96 on SALE
Baseball - Pepper Martin: A Baseball Biography (Book)
$24.95 on SALE
Baseball - The Ultimate Cardinals Record Book: A Complete...
$13.98 on SALE
Baseball - Catfish, Yaz, and Hammerin' Hank: The... (Book)
$11.24 on SALE
Top ranking Book:
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire: A Tribute to Johnny Cash (with Bonus CD Single) (Book) ~ $1 on SALE
- The Alan Freed Story - The Early Years of Rock & Roll (Book) ~ $6.95 on SALE
- Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE