The 1919 World Series: What Really Happened?
McFarland & Company (series)
- 186 Pages
- Illustrated in B&W
- Released: June 1, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Publisher: McFarland & Company
|Author:||William A. Cook|
Description by OLDIES.com:
One of baseball's infamous events is the 1919 World Series between the Chicago White Sox and the Cincinnati Reds. Overshadowed by the suspicion cast upon, and the subsequent indictment of, eight White Sox players for throwing the games, the 1919 World Series has often been simplistically and inaccurately portrayed by the popular media in the decades since. This book takes an objective look at the series, players, managers, owners, and on-field events to separate fact from fiction in regard to the outcome. The Reds would probably have emerged victorious no matter how the game was played because they were, in fact, an excellent team capable of beating the seemingly superhuman White Sox. Included are various statistical references that include line and box scores as well as comparative statistical charts of batting averages, pitching and team records, and other relevant information.
666 Photography: Of Virgin Queens and High Camp Divas (Book)
$26.21 on SALE
Irwin Allen Television Productions, 1964-1970 (Book)
$29.71 LABOR DAY
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Customer to write an online review of this product!
Olympics - Atlanta 1996: America's Games - The Greatest... (VHS)
$2.39 LABOR DAY
Baseball - Championship Blood: The 2014 World Series... (Book)
$25.61 LABOR DAY
Top ranking titles in the Sports & Sports Memorabilia genre:
- Baseball - Classic Baseball (Book) ~ $5.08 LABOR DAY
- Baseball - The Baseball Anthology: 125 Years of Stories, Poems, Articles, Photographs, Drawings, Interviews, Cartoons and other Memorabilia (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Baseball - Baseball as America: Seeing Ourselves Through Our National Game (Book) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Bowling - Let's Go Bowling (Book) ~ $5.91 LABOR DAY
- Boxing - Beyond Glory: Max Schmeling vs. Joe Louis and a World on the Brink (Book) ~ $5.98 on SALE