McFarland & Company (series)
Paperback Book Details
- 176 Pages
- Released: March 20, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Publisher: McFarland & Company, Inc.
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Pittsburgh Crawfords were one of the Negro League's best and most exciting teams. At the heart of the line-up were five men who would go on to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame: Satchel Paige, one of the greatest pitchers in baseball history; Josh Gibson, a hitting catcher who rivaled Babe Ruth; Cool Papa Bell, one of the game's fastest runners; Oscar Charleston, perhaps one of the all-around best players; and Judy Johnson, a skilled third baseman. This work takes a close look at the lives and careers of these men and others who played for the Crawfords, all of whom together built one of the greatest teams ever to play the game. Also included are comparisons between the Crawfords and the 1927 "Murderer's Row" New York Yankees, the Negro National League standings (1933-1938), and statistics about the players and team records.
666 Photography: Of Virgin Queens and High Camp Divas (Book)
$26.21 on SALE
Irwin Allen Television Productions, 1964-1970 (Book)
$34.95 on SALE
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Customer to write an online review of this product!
Baseball - Shoeless: The Life and Times of Joe Jackson (Book)
$26.96 on SALE
Baseball - Pepper Martin: A Baseball Biography (Book)
$24.95 on SALE
Baseball - The Ultimate Cardinals Record Book: A Complete...
$13.98 on SALE
Baseball - Catfish, Yaz, and Hammerin' Hank: The... (Book)
$11.24 on SALE
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Who Framed Boris Karloff? (Book) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Ray Harryhausen Collectible Scrapbook ~ $3.95 on SALE
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE