Shoeless: The Life and Times of Joe Jackson
McFarland & Company (series)
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$2.99 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Paperback Book Details
- 320 Pages
- Released: March 12, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Publisher: McFarland & Company, Inc.
|Author:||David L. Fleitz|
Description by OLDIES.com:
"Shoeless" Joe Jackson was one of baseball's greatest hitters and most colorful players. Born Joseph Jefferson Wofford Jackson on July 16, 1888, in Pickens County, South Carolina, Jackson went to work in a textile mill when he was around six years old, and got his start in baseball playing for the Brandon Mill team at the age of 13 earning $2.50 a game. He emerged as the star of the team and a favorite of fans with his hitting and throwing abilities, and moved up to play in the Carolina Association, where he received his nickname "Shoeless" because the blisters on his feet forced him to play in his stockings. He then made his move to the major leagues, signing on with the Philadelphia Athletics and rising to fame. This work chronicles Jackson's life from his poor beginnings to his involvement in the scandal surrounding the 1919 World Series to his life after baseball and his death December 5, 1951, with most of the work focusing on his baseball career.
666 Photography: Of Virgin Queens and High Camp Divas (Book)
$26.21 on SALE
Irwin Allen Television Productions, 1964-1970 (Book)
$29.71 LABOR DAY
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Customer to write an online review of this product!
Baseball - Pepper Martin: A Baseball Biography (Book)
$24.95 on SALE
Baseball - The Ultimate Cardinals Record Book: A Complete...
$13.98 on SALE
Baseball - The Dodgers: From Coast to Coast (Book)
$27.74 on SALE
Baseball - Catfish, Yaz, and Hammerin' Hank: The... (Book)
$11.24 on SALE
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.38 LABOR DAY
- Color My Boobs!: A Titillating Coloring Book for Adults ~ $7.11
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $6.78 LABOR DAY
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $5.93 LABOR DAY
- Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book) ~ $5.93 LABOR DAY