Horror Films of the 1970s (2 Volume Set)
McFarland & Company (series)
|You Save:||$4 (8% Off)|
- 384 Pages
- Released: September 13, 2007
- Originally Released: 2002
- Publisher: McFarland & Company
|Author:||John Kenneth Muir|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Beginning with 1970 and proceeding chronologically by year of its release in the United States, Section Two offers an entry for each film. Each entry includes several categories of information: Critical Reception (sampling both '70s and later reviews), Cast and Credits, P.O.V., (quoting a person pertinent to that film's production), Synopsis (summarizing the film's story), Commentary (analyzing the film from Muir's perspective), Legacy (noting the rank of especially worthy '70s films in the horror pantheon of decades following).
Section Three contains a conclusion and these five appendices: horror film clich?s of the 1970s, frequently appearing performers, memorable movie ads, recommended films that illustrate how 1970s horror films continue to impact the industry, and the 15 best genre films of the decade as chosen by Muir.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Lee Van Cleef - The Best of the Bad (Book) ~ $12.98 on SALE
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE