Encyclopedia of Motion Picture Sound
McFarland & Company (series)
Hardcover Book Details
- 300 Pages
- Released: March 15, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Publisher: McFarland & Company, Inc.
Description by OLDIES.com:
This encyclopedia contains the people, processes, innovations, facilities, formats and films that have made sound such a crucial part of the motion picture experience. There are sound-critical entries for every film that has won an Academy Award for Best Sound or Best Sound Effects Editing, from 1933's A Farewell to Arms to 2000's The Matrix. Every sound mixer or editor who has won an Academy Award has his or her own entry and filmography. Entries have been provided for every known sound process, from Vitasound to Dolby Surround EX. For the key developers and innovators of motion picture sound - including Jack Foley, Ray Dolby, George Lucas and Tomlinson Holman - career-related biographies are included. There are additional entries for technical achievement recognized by the Academy, key manufacturers, sound facilities, and much more.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Top ranking Hardcover Book:
- Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire: A Tribute to Johnny Cash (with Bonus CD Single) (Book) ~ $1 on SALE
- The Beatles - Across the Universe: Film Soundtrack Lyrics (Book) ~ $1 on SALE
- Hot Country Stars (Book) ~ $1 on SALE
- Peppermint Twist: The Mob, the Music, and the Most Famous Dance Club of the '60s (Book) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- The Zapple Diaries: The Rise and Fall of the Last Beatles Label (Book) ~ $9.98 on SALE