Arthur Kennedy, Man of Characters - A Stage And Cinema Biography
McFarland & Company (series)
- 195 Pages
- Released: November 25, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Publisher: McFarland & Company
|Author:||Meredith C. Macksoud, Craig R. Smith & Jackie Lohrke|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Arthur Kennedy's words speak volumes about the kind of actor he was, one sought by both Hollywood and Broadway to be in dramas involving real people struggling with real problems. His many talents were recognized with several Academy Award nominations and the winning of a Golden Globe and a Tony award. This work covers Kennedy's film and stage career, film-by-film and play-by-play, and provides pictures, synopses, and commentary for each one.
Acting anecdotes from Kennedy himself or from his peers in film and on stage, such as Errol Flynn, Elia Kazan, James Cagney, Ida Lupino, Humphrey Bogart, and many others, bedizen the commentary. Among the films and plays included are Joy in the Morning, Henry IV Part I, Strange Alibi, High Sierra, Bad Men, Desperate Journey, Cheyenne, The Window and Champion.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Top ranking titles in the Movies & TV genre:
- Who Framed Boris Karloff? (Book) ~ $5.38 CYBER WEEK
- Ray Harryhausen Collectible Scrapbook ~ $3.56 CYBER WEEK
- King Kong - The Amazingly True Adventures of Merian C. Cooper & Ernest B. Schoedsack (Book) ~ $1.78 CYBER WEEK
- George Reeves - Speeding Bullet: The Life and Bizarre Death of George Reeves (2nd Edition) (Book) ~ $22.46 CYBER WEEK
- Names You Never Remember, with Faces You Never Forget - Interviews with the Movies' Character Actors (Book) ~ $15.26 CYBER WEEK