Film Noir Guide: 745 Films of the Classic Era, 1940-1959
McFarland & Company (series)
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$41.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.05 (7% Off)|
Paperback Book Details
- 541 Pages
- Medium Format
- Illustrated in B&W
- Released: November 22, 2010
- Originally Released: 2003
- Publisher: McFarland & Company, Inc.
|Author:||Michael F. Keaney|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Over 700 film noirs from the classic period of film noir (1940-1959) are presented in this exhaustive reference book - such films as The Accused, Among the Living, The Asphalt Jungle, Baby Face Nelson, Bait, The Beat Generation, Crossfire, Dark Passage, I Walk Alone, The Las Vegas Story, The Naked City, Strangers on a Train, White Heat, and The Window. For each film, the following information is provided: the title, release date, main performers, screenwriter(s), director(s), type of noir, thematic content, a rating based on the five-star system, and a plot synopsis that does not reveal the ending.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Top ranking titles in the Movies & TV genre:
- Who Framed Boris Karloff? (Book) ~ $5.38 CYBER WEEK
- Ray Harryhausen Collectible Scrapbook ~ $3.56 CYBER WEEK
- George Reeves - Speeding Bullet: The Life and Bizarre Death of George Reeves (2nd Edition) (Book) ~ $22.46 CYBER WEEK
- Names You Never Remember, with Faces You Never Forget - Interviews with the Movies' Character Actors (Book) ~ $15.26 CYBER WEEK
- King Kong - The Amazingly True Adventures of Merian C. Cooper & Ernest B. Schoedsack (Book) ~ $1.78 CYBER WEEK