The Great Radio Heroes, Revised Edition
McFarland & Company (series)
|You Save:||$4 (10% Off)|
- 256 Pages
- Released: February 28, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Publisher: McFarland & Company
Description by OLDIES.com:
Once there was a time - and it was not so long ago - when radio listening, especially to the dramas, was one of the most important events in many a young person's life. People developed a love affair with the radio, and though the old times are now gone forever, the love affair continues. The heroes and settings of radio drama spurred the imagination to supply its own and much better images than visual media provided. There were no padded shoulders on the Lone Ranger, Superman flew with no jiggly trick photography, and the Martians whom Orson Welles helped attack the Earth were more convincing than anything the movies can provide.
For those who have been under the thrall of radio's alluring call, your new host Jim Harmon provides reminiscences of the heyday of radio programming, with insights on such radio dramas as "I Love a Mystery," "Gangbusters," "The Shadow," "Inner Sanctum," "Batman and Robin," "Superman," "Tom Mix," "The Lone Ranger," "The Green Hornet," "Adventures by Morse" and a couple of dozen more. Photographs, a bibliography, and an index are included to enhance the reader's journey into a past time when radio was the favorite pastime.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Lee Van Cleef - The Best of the Bad (Book) ~ $12.98 on SALE
- The Thin Man - Murder Over Cocktails (Book) ~ $22.50 on SALE
- VideoHound's Golden Movie Retriever 2017 (Book) ~ $19.91