L.A. Noir - Nine Dark Visions of The City of Angels
McFarland & Company (series)
- 247 Pages
- Released: January 24, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Publisher: McFarland & Company
Description by OLDIES.com:
This work discusses nine films, each analyzed in detail, with explanations of why certain settings are appropriate for film noir, why L.A. has been a favorite of authors such as Raymond Chandler, and relevant political developments in the area. The films are also examined in terms of story content as well as how they developed in the project stage. Utilizing a number of quotes from interviews, the work examines actors, directors, and others involved with the films, touching on their careers and details of their time in L.A. The major films covered are The Big Sleep, Criss Cross, D.O.A., In A Lonely Place, The Blue Gardenia, Kiss Me Deadly, The Killing, Chinatown, and L.A. Confidential.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Top ranking titles in the Movies & TV genre:
- Who Framed Boris Karloff? (Book) ~ $5.38 CYBER WEEK
- Ray Harryhausen Collectible Scrapbook ~ $3.56 CYBER WEEK
- George Reeves - Speeding Bullet: The Life and Bizarre Death of George Reeves (2nd Edition) (Book) ~ $22.46 CYBER WEEK
- Names You Never Remember, with Faces You Never Forget - Interviews with the Movies' Character Actors (Book) ~ $15.26 CYBER WEEK
- King Kong - The Amazingly True Adventures of Merian C. Cooper & Ernest B. Schoedsack (Book) ~ $1.78 CYBER WEEK