L.A. Noir - Nine Dark Visions of The City of Angels
McFarland & Company (series)
- 247 Pages
- Released: January 24, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Publisher: McFarland & Company
Description by OLDIES.com:
This work discusses nine films, each analyzed in detail, with explanations of why certain settings are appropriate for film noir, why L.A. has been a favorite of authors such as Raymond Chandler, and relevant political developments in the area. The films are also examined in terms of story content as well as how they developed in the project stage. Utilizing a number of quotes from interviews, the work examines actors, directors, and others involved with the films, touching on their careers and details of their time in L.A. The major films covered are The Big Sleep, Criss Cross, D.O.A., In A Lonely Place, The Blue Gardenia, Kiss Me Deadly, The Killing, Chinatown, and L.A. Confidential.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Madonna - Complete Guide To Her Music (Book) ~ $1 on SALE
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE