Jacques Tourneur - The Cinema of Nightfall
McFarland & Company (series)
- 340 Pages
- Released: July 1, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Publisher: McFarland & Company
Description by OLDIES.com:
A detailed examination of the director's full body of work reveals that those elements most evident in the Tourneur-Lewton collaborations - the lack of monsters and the stylized use of suggested violence - are equally apparent in Tourneur's films before and after his work with Lewton. Mystery and sensuality were hallmarks of his style, and he possessed a highly artistic visual and aural style. This insightful critical study examines each of Tourneur's films, as well as his extensive work on MGM shorts (1936-1942) and in television. What emerges is evidence of a highly coherent directorial style that runs throughout Tourneur's works.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Top ranking titles in the Movies & TV genre:
- Ray Harryhausen Collectible Scrapbook ~ $3.56 CYBER SALE
- Who Framed Boris Karloff? (Book) ~ $5.38 CYBER SALE
- King Kong - The Amazingly True Adventures of Merian C. Cooper & Ernest B. Schoedsack (Book) ~ $1.78 CYBER SALE
- George Reeves - Speeding Bullet: The Life and Bizarre Death of George Reeves (2nd Edition) (Book) ~ $22.46 CYBER SALE
- Names You Never Remember, with Faces You Never Forget - Interviews with the Movies' Character Actors (Book) ~ $15.26 CYBER SALE