In The Nick of Time - Motion Picture Sound Serials
McFarland & Company (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$4.05 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Classic Cliffhangers, Volume 1: 1914-1940 ~ $19.95 (Save 20%)
- Classic Cliffhangers, Volume 2: 1941-1955 ~ $19.95 (Save 20%)
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
Paperback Book Details
- 293 Pages
- Released: December 1, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Publisher: McFarland & Company, Inc.
|Author:||William C. Cline|
Description by OLDIES.com:
By the famous Big Reel columnist: the story of serials from Universal's 1930 The Indians Are Coming to Columbia's 1956 Blazing the Overland Trail. Fifteen fascinating chapters explain the importance of "cliffhangers" to the industry as audience builders and "product leaders." The serials provided training for actors and served as a "technical university" for people who later made the television industry work.
An appendix lists in order of release all of the sound serials from 1930 through 1956, showing titles, releasing companies, chapter titles, directors and several cast members. Superb photographs.
666 Photography: Of Virgin Queens and High Camp Divas (Book)
$26.21 on SALE
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Customer to write an online review of this product!
Irwin Allen Television Productions, 1964-1970 (Book)
$34.95 on SALE
Names You Never Remember, with Faces You Never Forget -... (Book)
$16.95 on SALE
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Color My Boobs!: A Titillating Coloring Book for Adults ~ $7.11
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE