First Hollywood Musicals - A Critical Filmography of 171 Features, 1927 Through 1932
McFarland & Company (series)
Paperback Book Details
- 400 Pages
- Released: August 11, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Publisher: McFarland & Company, Inc.
|Author:||Edwin M. Bradley|
Description by OLDIES.com:
From the classy movies such as Sunnyside Up and Hallelujah! to failures such as The Lottery Bride and Howdy Broadway, this filmography details 171 early Hollywood musicals. Arranged by subgenre (backstagers, operettas, college films, and stage-derived musical comedies), the entries include studio, release date, cast and credits, running time, a complete song list, any recordings spawned by the film, Academy Award nominations and winners, and availability on video or laserdisc. These data are followed by a plot synopsis, including analysis of the film's place in the genre's history. Includes over 90 photographs.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Madonna - Complete Guide To Her Music (Book) ~ $1 on SALE