Pier Angeli - A Fragile Life
McFarland & Company (series)
|You Save:||$4 (10% Off)|
Paperback Book Details
- 240 Pages
- Released: October 28, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Publisher: McFarland & Company, Inc.
Description by OLDIES.com:
This work is the first full-length biography of actress Anna Maria Pierangeli, from her early life in Italy to her death at the age of 39. She was discovered by Vittorio De Sica and soon after starred in her first film, Domani e troppo tardi (Tomorrow Is Too Late), which began her meteoric rise to fame in Italy. She arrived in Hollywood in 1950 at the age of 18, and the first thing MGM did was change her name to Pier Angeli and predict great things for its newest actress.
The book covers her seven year career with MGM, her two unhappy marriages to Vic Damone and Armando Trovajoli, her love for her children Perry and Andrew, her brief and stormy relationship with James Dean, her dependent relationships with her mother and such stars as Kirk Douglas, Richard Attenborough and Debbie Reynolds, and the mystery surrounding her death.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Lee Van Cleef - The Best of the Bad (Book) ~ $12.98 on SALE
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE