Abbott & Costello - The Horror Spoofs of Abbott And Costello
McFarland & Company (series)
|You Save:||$4.05 (12% Off)|
Rio Rita (Full Screen) ~ $15.98
- 241 Pages
- Released: March 8, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Publisher: McFarland & Company
|Author:||Jeffrey S. Miller|
Description by OLDIES.com:
The plot of each film is examined in detail with special attention paid to the comedians' styles of comedy, the effect of the horror scenes, and the place of the film in the Abbott and Costello canon. The reactions of critics (then and now) and the influences the films have had on the horror and comedy genres and on pop culture are also discussed. A lengthy introduction provides background on the lives of Bud Abbott and Lou Costello and the development of Universal Studios as the premier horror factory.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
One of the worst film books I have ever read. I bought it shorly after it was issued and after finishing it, sold it as soon as I could. There is not enough to say about the small number of films covered in this volume to make up a book length commentary. The writing is here uninspired and the analysis is dismal. There have been better books that cover all of A&C's films and do a better job on those with horror elements that does this one. I don't know if there is a good one in print at the moment, but it would be better to wait!
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Madonna - Complete Guide To Her Music (Book) ~ $1 on SALE
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE