Lame Brains and Lunatics: The Good, The Bad and The Forgotten of Silent Comedy
by Steve Massa
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$1 (4% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- 481 Pages
- Illustrated in B&W
- Released: April 30, 2013
- Publisher: BearManor Media
Description by OLDIES.com:
Silent Film Comedy was a fortuitous combination of art and technology, where the physical comedy skills and artistry passed down from the Commedia dell'Arte, English music hall, and American vaudeville were captured for posterity by the newly created motion picture camera. While the Chaplins, Keatons, and Laurel & Hardys are still remembered and celebrated, this book profiles unsung practitioners such as Billie Ritchie, Marcel Perez, Lige Conley, and George Rowe, with special focus on the neglected comediennes Alice Howell, Gale Henry, Fay Tincher, and Josie Sadler. Popular icons on the order of Mack Sennett, Marie Dressler, Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle, and W.C. Fields are re-examined, plus detailed histories of silent comedy teams and kid's comedies are offered. The book also includes selected filmographies and is lavishly illustrated with more than 225 rarely-seen photographs and advertising images.
Lost & Found: American Treasures from the New Zealand Film...
$21.36 Super Savings
666 Photography: Of Virgin Queens and High Camp Divas (Book)
$26.21 on SALE
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Customer to write an online review of this product!
Don Ameche - The Kenosha Comeback Kid [Author-Signed] (Book)
$19.95 on SALE
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Color My Boobs!: A Titillating Coloring Book for Adults ~ $7.11
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE