Amicus Horrors: Tales from the Filmmaker's Crypt
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|You Save:||$2.02 (8% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Paperback Book Details
- 265 Pages
- Illustrated in B&W
- Released: February 7, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Publisher: Midnight Marquee Press, Inc.
Description by OLDIES.com:
It is ironic that one of two film production companies most responsible for the so-called Golden Age of British Horror was actually owned by Americans. Amicus was second only to Hammer in producing impressive horror hits, yet it was Hammer that received most of the publicity, while Amicus kept a low profile, content with high box-office returns. Today, so many years later, it remains the same. While many books are devoted to Hammer, coverage on Amicus is mostly found only in books that deal with British horror films in general, where the studio is treated as just one of many independent production companies that turned out genre films. However, Amicus was anything but. This book provides a snapshot of a time and place that will never come again ? a London where a company owned by two New Yorkers could set up shop, produce glossy horror films with major stars, keep the budgets low and turn a tidy profit. Author McFadden visited Amicus at a time when the company, founded by Milton Subotsky and Max J. Rosenberg, was producing many of the better horror films to come out of Britain. He watched as some of these films were being made and spoke with the people involved in all aspects of the production. This volume allows McFadden a chance to share those experiences with classic horror film fans?both young and old.
Richard Gordon - The Horror Hits of Richard Gordon
$19.53 LABOR DAY
666 Photography: Of Virgin Queens and High Camp Divas (Book)
$26.21 on SALE
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Customer to write an online review of this product!
Brady, Brady, Brady: The Complete Story of The Brady Bunch... (Book)
$6.76 Super Savings
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- Color My Boobs!: A Titillating Coloring Book for Adults ~ $7.11
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $6.78 LABOR DAY
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.38 LABOR DAY
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $5.93 LABOR DAY
- Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book) ~ $5.93 LABOR DAY