Mary Wells The Tumultuous Life of Motown's First Superstar
12 copies available
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$21.23 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.75 (15% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Hardcover Book Details
- 304 Pages
- Illustrated in B&W
- Released: November 1, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Publisher: Chicago Review Press
Description by OLDIES.com:
Complete with never-before-revealed details about the sex, violence, and drugs in her life, this biography reveals the incredibly turbulent life of Motown artist Mary Wells. Based in part on four hours of previously unreleased and unpublicized deathbed interviews with Wells, this account delves deeply into her rapid rise and long fall as a recording artist, her spectacular romantic and family life, the violent incidents in which she was a participant, and her abuse of drugs. From tumultuous affairs, including one with R&B superstar Jackie Wilson, to a courageous battle with throat cancer that climaxed in her gutsiest performance, this history draws upon years of interviews with Wells?s friends, lovers, and husband to tell the whole story of a woman whose songs crossed the color line and whose voice captivated the Beatles.
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Customer to write an online review of this product!
666 Photography: Of Virgin Queens and High Camp Divas (Book)
$26.21 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Music & Radio genre:
- Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire: A Tribute to Johnny Cash (with Bonus CD Single) (Book) ~ 85¢ LABOR DAY
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $6.78 LABOR DAY
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.38 LABOR DAY
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $5.93 LABOR DAY
- Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book) ~ $5.93 LABOR DAY
Top ranking Hardcover Book:
- Elvis Presley - Where's Elvis?: and many others.... (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Celebrity Vinyl: What Happens When Famous People Decide to Try Singing (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Brady, Brady, Brady: The Complete Story of The Brady Bunch as Told by the Father/Son Team who Really Know (Book) ~ $6.76 LABOR DAY
- MAD Magazine Poster Book: 15 Stupidly Big Prints ~ $11.98 on SALE
- Arthur Lee (Book) ~ $2.98 on SALE