Ray Harryhausen's Fantasy Scrapbook: Models, Artwork and Memories from 65 Years of Filmmaking
|You Save:||$22.02 (40% Off)|
- The 3 Worlds of Gulliver ~ $4.98 (Save 50%)
- Ray Harryhausen - The Dinosaur Films of Ray Harryhausen ~ $22.98
- The Valley of Gwangi ~ $17.98
- You're Not Old Enough Son!: An Irreverent Recollection of the Horror/Science Fcition/Fantasy Scene... ~ $19.95 (Save 20%)
Hardcover Book Details
- 192 Pages
- Illustrated in Color and B&W
- Released: April 17, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Publisher: Aurum Press Ltd.
|Author:||Ray Harryhausen & Tony Dalton|
|Foreword by||John Landis|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Designed in the form of a scrapbook, this visual feast for Harryhausen fans reveals models from unrealized projects, such as dinosaurs from the unfinished film Evolution; prints of outtakes from various films; early concept drawings and storyboards; color transparencies of Ray at work; written artifacts such as letters, production budgets, and a diary that details Ray's first meeting with his mentor Willis O'Brien; early film treatments and script extracts; publicity posters and brochures; and more. Some items show Ray's earliest artistic endeavors such as watercolors painted when he was 15 years old and marionettes of creatures from King Kong that he made when he saw the film in 1933. The result is a treasure trove of rare artifacts and material which not only offer new insights into how Ray created particular effects, but bring the worlds of his films to life in a new way and paint a fascinating visual portrait of the man himself and his creative imagination.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.