Cinema Retro Essential Guide to Movies of the '60s & '70s - Volume #7, #19 (Limited Edition) [UK Import]
Articles on The Exorcist; Interviews with Lewis Gilbert & Angie Dickinson; Whatever Happened to Rod Taylor! and Much More!!!
Only 5 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$8.96 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.03 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- 63 Pages
- Glossy Magazine Format
- Illustrated in Full Color and B&W
- Released: January 15, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Publisher: Cinema Retro
Description by OLDIES.com:
In this issue:
- Celebrate the Blu-ray release of The Exorcist with Matthew R. Bradley and Gilbert Colon's in-depth interview with author William Peter Blatty, who discusses some fascinating aspects about the making of the classic movie. There's also an abundance of facts and rare photos including a cover photo that is bound to give you the creeps.
- Todd Garbarini has an exclusive interview with the original cougar, Angie Dickinson, who discusses Roger Vadim's quirky sex comedy/murder mystery Pretty Maids All in a Row, with Rock Hudson as a horndog high school counselor - who might also be a serial killer.
- Lee Pfeiffer celebrates the 45th anniversary of the film version of The Sound of Music by visiting the famed Von Trapp Lodge in Vermont, where he met with Johannes Von Trapp, son of Captain and Maria.
- Steve Saragossi presents an in-depth look at the career of an under-rated leading man of 60s and 70s cinema: Rod Taylor.
- In part two of Matthew Field's interview with Lewis Gilbert, the famed director looks back on his "personal" films including the classic Alfie.
- Dave Worrall takes you behind the scenes at the James Bond Aston Martin DB5 auction in London
- Tim Greaves examines the off-beat 60s sex comedy Here We Go 'Round the Mulberry Bush
- Phil Gavin looks back on the history of classic Hammer horror film posters.
- John Surles recalls his meeting with actor/singer Jimmy Dean and his role as Willard Whyte in Diamonds Are Forever.
- Famed character actor Shane Rimmer's new autobiography
- S.O.S Film Industry - Gary McMahon culls comments from famed filmmakers who take issue with the direction of today's motion picture industry.
- Adrian Smith covers Brian Clemens, director of many classic episodes of "The Avengers," at his BFI tribute in London.
- Matthew Field covers Sean Connery's appearance at the Edinburgh International Film Festival and gets to meet the Great Scot, who introduced a screening of The Man Who Would Be King.
- More on the world of 007 in this Bond-heavy issue: Gareth Owen and Dave Worrall spend a day with director Guy Hamilton and accompany him to an outdoor London screening of Goldfinger.
- Raymond Benson provides us with his choices of the ten best films of 1978.
- Darren Allison covers the latest soundtracks on CD
- Plus extensive DVD and film book reviews
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Customer to write an online review of this product!
The Dylanologists: Adventures in the Land of Bob (Book)
$11.40 CYBER WEEK
The Definitive Collection (Guitar Signature Licks) (Book)
$16.35 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking titles in the Movie Magazines genre:
- Little Shoppe of Horrors - Issue #37 (Magazine) ~ $9.86 CYBER WEEK
- Famous Monsters of Filmland #288 (Magazine) ~ $8.99 CYBER WEEK
- Films of the Golden Age #86 (Magazine) ~ $5.31 CYBER WEEK
- Cinema Retro - Essential Guide to Movies of the '60s & '70s - Volume #12, #36 (Limited Edition) [UK Import] (Magazine) ~ $10.79 CYBER WEEK
- Classic Images #497 (Magazine) ~ $3.60 CYBER WEEK