Paperback Book Details
- 368 Pages
- Illustrated with Color and B&W Photos
- Released: November 22, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Description by OLDIES.com:
Big Man tells the story of the incredible life and times of Clarence Clemons, the larger-than-life saxophone player of the legendary E Street Band. Clarence and his longtime friend, writer/producer Don Reo, take you on a thrilling ride from Clarence's childhood to the present, from beat-up vans to private jets, from Jersey Shore boardwalk bars to stadiums and concert halls all over the world.
For the first time ever comes the inside story of Clarence "Big Man" Clemons--his life before, during and beyond the E-Street Band, including unbelievable, never-before-told adventures with Bruce Springsteen, the band, and an incredible cast of other famous characters recounted by himself and his best friend, television writer/ producer Don Reo.
Here are just a few things you'll get from reading it:
- The truth behind the final hours of making Born To Run
- The real story of how the E-Street Band got its name
- What happened when Clarence and Ringo Starr were sitting in a hotel room and Clarence got the call that Bruce was breaking up the band
- How Bruce and Clarence met that dark, stormy night at the Student Prince
- The E-Street band's show at Sing-Sing prison where all of their equipment blows out right as they take the stage
- The secret that Robert De Niro told Clarence and Bruce they had to keep for 25 years
But that's merely a glimpse. This is not your average rock book. It is something creative, something unique, something new. It is the story of E-Street. It is the story of stories. It is the story of the Big Man.