Rolling Stones - The Lost Rolling Stones Photographs: The Bob Bonis Archives 1964 - 1966
|CYBER SALE:||$24.28 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.71 (19% Off)|
- by The Rolling Stones ~ Charlie is My Darling ~ $17.89
- Rolling Stones - On Camera, Off Guard 1963-69 (Includes DVD) ~ $31.46
- Rolling Stones - The Origin of The Species ~ $14.36
Hardcover Book Details
- 265 Pages
- Large Format
- Heavily Illustrated in Color and B&W
- Released: November 16, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Publisher: Harper Collins Publishing
|Subject:||The Rolling Stones|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Documented in these photos is this seminal period when The Stones made their transformation into the world's greatest rock 'n' roll band. And during that time, few were closer to The Stones than Bob Bonis, the tour manager for their U.S. tours between 1964 and 1966. While on the road with The Stones, Bonis, a passionate amateur photographer with a keen eye, an innate sense of composition, and a deep love for his subjects, snapped some 2,700 photographs of the band - a remarkable collection that until now has only been known to family and close friends.
Onstage, offstage, and behind-the-scenes, these stunning photographs show The Stones in an entirely new light - intimate and unguarded. Here are Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Brian Jones, Charlie Watts, Ian Stewart, and Bill Wyman in casual moments, in rehearsal, in concert, in dressing rooms, on vacation, on the road. Funny, surprising, provocative, beautiful, these photos recall an unforgettable period in history and offer a fresh look at these soon-to-be legends at the beginning of their fame. This was the point at which early manager Andrew Loog Oldham began to position the band as the antidote to The Beatles - troublemakers dressed in leather and singing about the dark side of relationships.
Comprised of images unearthed after forty-five years, The Lost Rolling Stones Photographs is a groundbreaking portrait of one of the most iconic bands of the twentieth century.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Top ranking Hardcover Book:
- Peppermint Twist: The Mob, the Music, and the Most Famous Dance Club of the '60s (Book) ~ $8.08 CYBER SALE
- Hot Country Stars (Book) ~ 90¢ CYBER SALE
- Celebrity Vinyl: What Happens When Famous People Decide to Try Singing (Book) ~ $3.58 CYBER SALE
- Bob Dylan - Intimate Insights From Friends And Fellow Musicians (Book) ~ $4.46 CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash - The Life of An American Icon (Book) ~ $2.68 CYBER SALE