Atlantic City Then and Now
|You Save:||$0.97 (5% Off)|
- Atlantic City Revisited: Images of America ~ $14.96 (Save 32%)
- Boardwalk Memories: Tales of The Jersey Shore ~ $22.98
- Steel Pier, Atlantic City: Showplace Of The Nation ~ $35.95
Hardcover Book Details
- 144 Pages
- Oversized Format
- Heavily Illustrated In B&W And Full Color Photos
- Released: March 22, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Publisher: Thunder Bay Press
|Author:||Edward Arthur Mauger|
Description by OLDIES.com:
• Fascinating then-and-now photographs highlight Atlantic City’s evolution-from its early days as a get-away for Philadelphians, through its decline in the mid-20th century, to its 21st-century incarnation as a gambling and entertainment mecca.
• Stroll along the city’s famous Boardwalk! First built in 1870 to keep sand off hotel carpets, the Boardwalk has witnessed tremendous changes.
• Check in to some of the Eastern Seaboard’s most extravagant turn-of-the-century hotels like the Traymore, the Marlborough-Blenheim, and the Shelburne.
• See how Donald Trump turned swampland into gold, with photographs of the once impoverished Inlet area that now boasts high-end resorts.
• Take a spin on the world’s first Ferris wheel, at Missouri and Mississippi Avenues, now the site of the Trump Taj Mahal casino.
• Glimpse icons of the past, like Boardwalk Hall, home of the Miss America Pageant and the Chesterfield sign, once the world’s largest electric sign with 27,000 light bulbs.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.