Levon Helm - The Levon Helm Midnight Ramble
|CYBER SALE:||$16.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$13.16 (44% Off)|
- Ain't In It For My Health: A Film About Levon Helm ~ $18.89
- The Band - This Wheel's on Fire: Levon Helm and the Story of The Band (Updated Edition) ~ $16.18
- by Levon Helm ~ Dirt Farmer ~ $15.71
- by Levon Helm ~ Electric Dirt ~ $9.88
- by Levon Helm ~ Ramble at the Ryman ~ $16.52
- 252 Pages
- Oversize Format
- Released: September 21, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Publisher: Backbeat Books
|Foreword by||Levon Helm|
|Photography by||Paul Laraia|
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Midnight Ramble is Levon's down-home jam, held on Saturday nights in his barn in Woodstock, NY (and occasionally on the road in such storied venues as the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville). Backed by one of the best working bands in America today, he digs deep to keep the tradition alive, peeling off classic from his years with the Band and Bob Dylan, along with the best of Southern rhythm and blues, bluegrass, country, blues, gospel, and pure rock'n'roll. In fact, Levon's last record, Dirt Farmer, features Ramblers Amy Helm (Levon's daughter) and guitar slinger/fiddler Larry Campbell, won the Grammy Award for Best Traditional Folk Album.
Levon has based his Ramble on the traveling medicine shows of his youth. Some of the most notable musicians of our time, from Emmylou Harris and Elvis Costello to Allison Krauss and Robert Plant, have made the journey to perform with Levon and his handpicked band of knockout musicians. The results are a staggering good time.
This book is the official record of these intimate sessions--the next best thing to being there. Paul LaRaia's photographs are up close and personal, each shot capturing the texture and nuance of the music in the gorgeous setting of "The Barn." Accompanying the spectacular photos are testimonials and remembrances from the superstars who have performed at the Rambles over the years.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Top ranking Hardcover Book:
- Peppermint Twist: The Mob, the Music, and the Most Famous Dance Club of the '60s (Book) ~ $8.08 CYBER SALE
- The Zapple Diaries: The Rise and Fall of the Last Beatles Label (Book) ~ $8.98 CYBER SALE
- Hot Country Stars (Book) ~ 90¢ CYBER SALE
- Celebrity Vinyl: What Happens When Famous People Decide to Try Singing (Book) ~ $3.58 CYBER SALE
- Bob Dylan - Intimate Insights From Friends And Fellow Musicians (Book) ~ $4.46 CYBER SALE