Underground Classics - The Transformation of Comics Into Comix
- 143 Pages
- Large Format
- Released: May 4, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Publisher: Abrams Comicarts
Description by OLDIES.com:
Underground Classics provides the first serious survey of underground comix as art, turning the spotlight on these influential and largely underappreciated artists. Essays from curators James Danky and Denis Kitchen, alongside essays by Paul Buhle, Patrick Rosenkranz, Jay Lynch, and Trina Robbins, offer a thorough reflection and appraisal of the underground movement. Over 125 original drawings, paintings, sculptures, and artifacts are featured, loaned from private collections and the artists themselves, making Underground Classics indispensible for the seriousminded comics fan and for the casual reader alike.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Top ranking Hardcover Book:
- Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire: A Tribute to Johnny Cash (with Bonus CD Single) (Book) ~ 90¢ CYBER WEEK
- The Beatles - Across the Universe: Film Soundtrack Lyrics (Book) ~ 90¢ CYBER WEEK
- Peppermint Twist: The Mob, the Music, and the Most Famous Dance Club of the '60s (Book) ~ $8.08 CYBER WEEK
- Celebrity Vinyl: What Happens When Famous People Decide to Try Singing (Book) ~ $3.58 CYBER WEEK
- Hot Country Stars (Book) ~ 90¢ CYBER WEEK