Classic Cliffhangers, Volume 2: 1941-1955
|You Save:||$5.05 (20% Off)|
Paperback Book Details
- 279 Pages
- Released: July 10, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Publisher: Midnight Marquee Press
Description by OLDIES.com:
These are movie serials. It's OK to appreciate their art and laugh at their lunacy. Not all the laughs were intended, but that shouldn't stop us. This isn't grimly serious business. Most of the serials were made for a young Saturday matinee audience, who were much less sophisticated than the savvy film fan of today. There is something wrong if we can't laugh, as well as nod our heads in appreciation, at what these skilled professionals have accomplished, often under very trying conditions and with ridiculously low budgets.
Volume 1 of Classic Cliffhanger covers the years 1914-1940.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $7.98 on SALE
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Wagon Train: The Television Series (New Revised Edition) [Author-Signed Edition] (Book) ~ $21.95 on SALE