Larry Coryell - Improvising: My Life In Music (Includes Audio CD)
|You Save:||$12.97 (52% Off)|
- Gary Burton - Learning to Listen: The Jazz Journey of Gary Burton ~ $25.98
- by Larry Coryell ~ A Retrospective ~ $19.55
- by Larry Coryell ~ Inner Urge ~ $15.28
- by Pat Metheny ~ Kin ~ $17.08
- by Miles Davis ~ Miles At The Fillmore, 1970: The Bootleg Series Volume 3 (4-CD) ~ $42.51
Paperback Book Details
- 209 Pages
- Oversize Format
- Audio CD Included
- Released: August 20, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Publisher: Backbeat Books
Description by OLDIES.com:
Improvising takes an unflinching and charismatic look at his wild world, from his days scuffling on the jazz scene in New York City to his role as a pioneer of jazz fusion. Coryell holds nothing back in telling his tale -- from the drug scene he finally overcame to the giants he performed with, he never fails to capture the madness and love that it takes to stay in the business and make it. Along the way he details the developments of his own style and takes a frank look at the high and low points of jazz over the last forty years.
Improvising includes an exclusive audio CD with audio lessons created especially for this book. Also featured is a special section of Coryell's columns for Guitar Player magazine, making Improvising not only an essential book of music history but a must-read for guitar players of every level.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.