Classic Cliffhangers, Volume 1: 1914-1940
|You Save:||$5.05 (20% Off)|
Paperback Book Details
- 256 Pages
- Released: May 22, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Publisher: Midnight Marquee Press
Description by OLDIES.com:
The best serials are classic examples of early American low-budget filmmaking. The bad ones are silly and stilted, but always charming and sometimes bizarre. At the very least, they offer a window into another time and place. And with the state the world is in today, it's a very welcome place where the good guys always win, the kid saves the day and the hero gets the girl.
Cliff Hanger Vol. 1, 1914-1940 is author Hank Davis's humorously entertaining and informative look at movie serials of this time period. Ace Drummond, Dick Tracy, Tarzan the Tiger, Flash Gordon, Drums of Fu Manchu and The Green Hornet to name of few them. It is very enjoyable reading not only for serial fans, but for all those who enjoys classic movies. Classic Cliffhangers Vol. 2, 1941-1955 is also now available.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- The Complete Book of Doo Wop ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Group Harmony: Echoes of the Rhythm & Blues Era (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Color My Boobs!: A Titillating Coloring Book for Adults ~ $7.11
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $6.98 on SALE