Classic Cliffhangers, Volume 1: 1914-1940
|You Save:||$5.05 (20% Off)|
Paperback Book Details
- 256 Pages
- Released: May 22, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Publisher: Midnight Marquee Press
Description by OLDIES.com:
The best serials are classic examples of early American low-budget filmmaking. The bad ones are silly and stilted, but always charming and sometimes bizarre. At the very least, they offer a window into another time and place. And with the state the world is in today, it's a very welcome place where the good guys always win, the kid saves the day and the hero gets the girl.
Cliff Hanger Vol. 1, 1914-1940 is author Hank Davis's humorously entertaining and informative look at movie serials of this time period. Ace Drummond, Dick Tracy, Tarzan the Tiger, Flash Gordon, Drums of Fu Manchu and The Green Hornet to name of few them. It is very enjoyable reading not only for serial fans, but for all those who enjoys classic movies. Classic Cliffhangers Vol. 2, 1941-1955 is also now available.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Top ranking titles in the Movies & TV genre:
- Lee Van Cleef - The Best of the Bad (Book) ~ $12.98 on SALE
- Italian Sword and Sandal Films, 1908-1990 (Book) ~ $35.95 on SALE
- Brady, Brady, Brady: The Complete Story of The Brady Bunch as Told by the Father/Son Team who Really Know (Book) ~ $7.95 on SALE
- The Charlie Chan Film Encyclopedia (Book) ~ $35.95 on SALE
- The Thin Man - Murder Over Cocktails (Book) ~ $22.50 on SALE