Getting Signed! - An Insider's Guide To The Record Industry
|You Save:||$9 (33% Off)|
- Real Deal - How To Get Signed To A Record Label ~ $9.98 (Save 50%)
Paperback Book Details
- 213 Pages
- Released: April 17, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Publisher: Hal Leonard
Description by OLDIES.com:
For unsigned musicians, it can be difficult to juggle the tasks of creating and performing your music, shopping your demo to labels, and promoting yourself and your music to your audience. This book can help. Getting Signed! An Insider's Guide To The Recording Industry by industry veteran George Howard will show you the importance of connecting. Connecting with the right songs, connecting with your community, connecting with the industry and, ultimately, connecting with the right label will all help you connect with your audience.
A recording contract is often critical to the long-term success of an artist, but getting signed is not an easy task when you are competing against numerous bands who submit their demos to record labels on a daily basis. Getting Signed! arms you with the knowledge you need to work your way through the maze of today's music industry, and move your demo to the top of the stack. Even if you are an artist who is comfortable without a label, you still need to assemble a team to make sure your music is heard by as many people as possible. Getting Signed! shows you how to do this.
Howard, the former president of Rykodisc, will give you critical advice on how to prepare yourself, your music, and your band for the challenging task of attracting a label's attention - and keeping them interested. Build your armory of knowledge by:
- Learning what an A/R person does and why it matters
- Building your team: manager, booking agent, lawyer, and others
- Maximizing your gigs and other activities to make yourself more attractive to record labels
- Figuring out who the decision-makers are
- Navigating through contracts and royalties
- Developing your record distribution chops
- Understanding your music publishing and co-publishing options
- Considering all labels, from major labels to smaller indie labels
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 31 ratings.