Harpo Marx - Harpo Speaks!
- The Marx Brothers - Hail, Hail, Euphoria!: Presenting the Marx Brothers in Duck Soup, the Greatest... ~ $11.68
- Bill Marx - Son of Harpo Speaks! ~ $17.95
- Groucho Marx - Groucho: A Life in Revue ~ $16.19
- Groucho Marx and Other Short Stories and Tall Tales: Selected Writings of Groucho Marx, An Updated... ~ $16.18
- 482 Pages
- Released: October 1, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Publisher: Hal Leonard Corporation
|Author:||Harpo Marx & Rowland Barber|
Description by OLDIES.com:
"A funny, affectionate and unpretentious autobiography done with a sharply professional assist from Rowland Barber." -New York Times Book Review
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 115 ratings.
Harpo Speaks is a snapshot into the past of classic Hollywood. It's a funny, racy, wonderful account of the world's greatest comedy team seen through the eyes of a pantomime genius. Learn what a Gookie is and how it came to be. Sit at the Algonquin Roundtable and listen in on the greats of literature and theater being naughty and bitchy and Harpo absorbing it all. Play an absorbing game of "murder" and find a victim slumped on the toilet and a very incriminating clue written on the toilet paper. See Harpo act as a spy in Communist Russia! Play Pinchy Winchy! This is a must read for any fan of the Marx Brothers and a Hollywood that is no more.