Bobby Darin - Me And Bobby D: A Memoir
- 434 Pages
- Released: February 14, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
Description by OLDIES.com:
The year is 1956, at the dawn of rock 'n' roll, a crossroad in the entertainment business rarely written about.
Cassotto changes his name to Bobby Darin, makes his first recording, and he and Karmen are booked on the road for their first job ever as professional entertainers, into Club Temptation, a seedy nightclub in suburban Detroit. Strippers, dancers, comics, and other singers are just the beginning of what they encounter.
This is Bobby Darin before singing "Splish Splash," "Mack, the Knife," "Beyond the Sea" and "Dream Lover"; and Steve Karmen before composing "I Love New York," "This Bud's for You," "Soon or Later You'll Own Generals" and "Nationwide Is on Your Side."
What happens to them during the two-week engagement will alter their friendship, set the stage for two successful careers, and change both their lives forever.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Top ranking Book:
- Ray Harryhausen Collectible Scrapbook ~ $3.56 CYBER SALE
- Who Framed Boris Karloff? (Book) ~ $5.38 CYBER SALE
- King Kong - The Amazingly True Adventures of Merian C. Cooper & Ernest B. Schoedsack (Book) ~ $1.78 CYBER SALE
- George Reeves - Speeding Bullet: The Life and Bizarre Death of George Reeves (2nd Edition) (Book) ~ $22.46 CYBER SALE
- Names You Never Remember, with Faces You Never Forget - Interviews with the Movies' Character Actors (Book) ~ $15.26 CYBER SALE