Real Deal - How To Get Signed To A Record Label
- 268 Pages
- Released: February 28, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Publisher: Billboard Books
|Author:||Daylle Deanna Schwartz|
Description by OLDIES.com:
In addition, Real Deal features: Advice from industry pros such as artists Sawn Mullins, LeAnn Rimes, Chuck D, Pat Green, Fisher, and The Roots; record-label heads like Bruce Lundvall, president of jazz and classics at Capitol Records, Michael Caplan, senior vice president of A & R at Epic Records, and Jeff Blue, vice president of A & R at Warner Bros. Records; as well as successful record producers, publicists, managers, booking agents, and entertainment attorneys.
Included in this thoroughly revised and updated Second Edition are all the business necessities, creative aspects, and marketing strategies needed for musicians to survive and thrive in the music industry. Readers learn, step by step, how to prepare a presentation package and reach the right person at the record labels, and discover dozens of no-fail procedures and time-tested techniques for making it in this incredibly competitive business.
This exciting expanded edition features expert advice from dozens of successful managers, record producers, recording artists, and publicists, as well as three brand new chapters: “Taking Care of Business,” “Making Money Promoting Your Talent,” and “Using Your Songwriting Talents.” Also included is thorough, up-to-the-minute information on using the Internet and getting signed overseas, as well as two completely revised and updated appendices providing information on books, conferences, and other resources.
For any musician playing popular music, The Real Deal is the definitive guide to winning a recording contract!
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Top ranking Book:
- Ray Harryhausen Collectible Scrapbook ~ $3.56 CYBER SALE
- Who Framed Boris Karloff? (Book) ~ $5.38 CYBER SALE
- King Kong - The Amazingly True Adventures of Merian C. Cooper & Ernest B. Schoedsack (Book) ~ $1.78 CYBER SALE
- George Reeves - Speeding Bullet: The Life and Bizarre Death of George Reeves (2nd Edition) (Book) ~ $22.46 CYBER SALE
- Names You Never Remember, with Faces You Never Forget - Interviews with the Movies' Character Actors (Book) ~ $15.26 CYBER SALE