The Complete Book of Doo Wop
|CYBER SALE:||$7.18 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$17.77 (71% Off)|
Paperback Book Details
- 496 Pages
- New 2009 Printing
- Publisher: Collectables
|Author:||Dr. Anthony J. Gribin & Dr. Matthew M. Schiff|
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Complete Book of Doo Wop provides an extensive history of doo wop from the 1940s through the early 1970s, gives definitions and illustrations of the music that falls between rhythm and blues and Rock 'n' Roll, and covers the musical groups that created it, including Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers, the Platters, Little Anthony and the Imperials, Dion and the Belmonts, the Chiffons and the Shirelles. The book also features 150 photos, 64 sheet-music covers and an extensive songography.
If you are a collector or enthusiast, vocal harmony fan, music historian or just a music buff, you will discover plenty of fun facts, stories and quizzes on doo wop songs and groups.
About the authors: Dr. Anthony J. Gribin and Dr. Matthew M. Schiff grew up and attended high school during the doo wop era. They met for the first time in 1975 and, roughly fifteen years later, decided to write a book on a subject they had always loved: doo wop music. Doo-wop: The Forgotten Third of Rock 'n' Roll was published in 1992. Years later, aware that there was much more of Doo wop's story to tell, they have written this book. Dr. Gribin, a clinical psychologist, and Dr. Schiff, a child and adolescent psychiatrist, both live in New Jersey.
Customers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 24 ratings.
If you are interested in the history of Doo Wop,this book is for you! You'll find information on groups like The Crests,The Harptones,Frankie Lyman & The Teenagers,The Belmonts and more! You'll find out how the term" doowop"came about and why this music has been so popular through the years! Quite frankly,if there was a course on doowop,this would be the textbook-that's how good this is!
Comprehensive content and an exceptional value. An excellent reference work on most of the original, local, & rather obscure groups. A must for the Doo Wop generation's musical library.
"Remember Me!!!" is the cry of all whom have walked this earth. The entertainers remembered here a re worthy of remembrance. Isn't it a blessing they can still be nheard via their recordings and videos!!!
Top ranking titles in the Music & Radio genre:
- Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire: A Tribute to Johnny Cash (with Bonus CD Single) (Book) ~ 90¢ CYBER SALE
- American Singing Groups: A History, 1940-1990 (Book) ~ $3.58 CYBER SALE
- Who Sang Our Songs?: The Official Rhythm & Blues And Doo-Wop Songography (Book) ~ $3.58 CYBER SALE
- The Alan Freed Story - The Early Years of Rock & Roll (Book) ~ $6.26 CYBER SALE
- They All Sang on the Corner: A Second Look at New York City's Rhythm & Blues Vocal Groups (Book) ~ $6.28 CYBER SALE
Top ranking Paperback Book:
- Ray Harryhausen Collectible Scrapbook ~ $3.56 CYBER SALE
- Who Framed Boris Karloff? (Book) ~ $5.38 CYBER SALE
- George Reeves - Speeding Bullet: The Life and Bizarre Death of George Reeves (2nd Edition) (Book) ~ $22.46 CYBER SALE
- The Time Tunnel: A History of the Television Program (Book) ~ $26.98 CYBER SALE
- Hollywood's Made-To-Order Punks - The Complete Film History of The Dead End Kids, Little Tough Guys, East Side Kids and Bowery Boys (Book) ~ $17.95 CYBER SALE